Recently I awoke in the middle of the night with the word steadfast running through my head, and the infinity symbol. I prayed that God would show me what He wanted me to learn from this, and fell back asleep.
In the morning, I looked up the definitions of those words. It’s always a good starting place for me. Steadfast is being firmly fixed in place, loyal, resolute and staunch. Infinity is the quality of being limitless, boundless an endless; unlimited in the extent of time, space or quantity. (MW)
Well that sums up attributes of God. So what are some of God’s other attributes?
God is omnipotent. He has unlimited authority and influence. God is omnipresent. He is present in all places at all times. God is omniscient. He has infinite awareness, understanding and insight.
In his book, The Character of God, Bill Bright, the founder of Campus Crusade for Christ, included a list of thirteen key attributes of God that emerged from his own study.
- Because God is a personal spirit, I will seek intimate fellowship with Him.
- Because God is all-powerful, He can help me with anything.
- Because God is ever-present, He is always with me.
- Because God knows everything, I will go to Him with all my questions and concerns.
- Because God is sovereign, I will joyfully submit to His will.
- Because God is holy, I will devote myself to Him in purity, worship, and service.
- Because God is absolute truth, I will believe what He says and live accordingly.
- Because God is righteous, I will live by His standards.
- Because God is just, He will always treat me fairly.
- Because God is love, He is unconditionally committed to my well-being.
- Because God is merciful, He forgives my sins when I sincerely confess them.
- Because God is faithful, I will trust Him to always keep His promises.
- Because God never changes, my future is secure and eternal.
“His love endures forever.” (Ps. 118:1,2,3,4,29 [NIV]) God repeats His message to us five times in this psalm!
“God doesn’t come and go. God lasts. He’s Creator of all you can see or imagine. He doesn’t get tired out, doesn’t pause to catch his breath. He knows everything, inside and out.” (Isa. 40:28 [MSG])
“I am God, the only God you’ve had or ever will have—incomparable, irreplaceable…Assuring you, I’m in this for the long haul, I’ll do exactly what I set out to do.” (Isa. 46:9 & 11 [MSG])
Our omni God is infinity in His steadfastness toward us! His love for us is firmly fixed in place. It is boundless, limitless, and endless. His loyal love for us goes beyond time, space or quantity. Take some time and let this soak into you so that you can fully believe and live this amazing truth from the very source of Truth. God’s love will amaze and surprise you if you let it. He wants you to!
© 2019 Fluffy Puppy Publishing All Rights Reserved