Guess what? It just dawned on me that I’m a trust-funder! And I intend to use it all! I’m going to blow through it like nobodies business, each and every waking moment, for the rest of my life! I’m also going to share this wealth with everyone I come into contact with! Do you want that to be you?
No, I am not a Nigerian prince wanting to deposit a large sum of money in your bank account. My inheritance is worth so much more than mere money. As a co-heir with Christ, he shares his inheritance with me. All I have to do is access it. A definition of a trust-funder is someone that has never had to work for their income. That’s also how it works here. We didn’t have to anything to earn this, Jesus paid the price for us all.
“…Then we are co-heirs–heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ.” Romans 8:17 [New International Version (NIV)]
“And we know we are going to get what’s coming to us–an unbelievable inheritance!” Romans 8:17 [The Message Bible (MSG)]
Here’s a list of what we can have, if we so choose, to invite Jesus in our hearts.
1. His peace is my peace. “Peace I leave you; my peace I give to you.” (John 14:27 [NIV])
2. His joy is my joy. “I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and your joy may be complete.” (John 15:11 [NIV])
3. His love is my love. …”Because God poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 5:5 [NIV])
4. His Spirit is my spirit. “…And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” (Acts 2:38 [NIV])
“And you were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal. The promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession–the praise of his glory.” (Eph. 1:13:14 [NIV])
5. His glory is my glory. “I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one.” (John 17:22 [NIV])
“And we, who with unveiled face reflect the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.” (2 Cor. 3:18 [NIV])
6. His love is my love. “I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.” (John 17:23 [NIV])
7. His faith is my faith. “Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.” (1 Cor. 4:2 [NIV])
“The apostles said to the Lord, ‘Increase our faith!’” (Luke 17:5 [NIV])
“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith, is the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” (Gal. 2:20 [NIV])
“But Christ is faithful as a son over God’s house. And we are his house, if we hold onto our courage and the hope of which we boast.” (Heb. 3:6 [NIV])
8. His hope is my hope. “Find rest, o my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.” (Ps. 62:5 [NIV])
9. His rest is my rest. “Are you tired? Worn out?…Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me. Watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly .(Matt. 11:28-30 [MSG])
10. His freedom is my freedom. “Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.” (2 Cor. 3:17 [NIV])
11. His life is my life. “Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” (Matt. 20:28 [NIV])
“That everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.” (John 3:15 [NIV])
“I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.”(John 10:28[NIV])
“…But the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Rom. 6:23 [NIV])
12. His wisdom is my wisdom. “Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!” (Rom. 11:33 [NIV])
“I want you woven into a tapestry of love, in touch with everything there is to know of God. Then you will have minds confident and at rest, focused on Christ, God’s greatest mystery. All the richest treasures of wisdom and knowledge are embedded in that mystery and nowhere else. And we’ve been shown the mystery!” (Col. 2:2-3 [MSG])
“If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.” (James 1:5 [NIV])
I did nothing to deserve this gift, my inheritance, and yet God willingly gives it to me and keeps it fully funded! Since I have been given so much, I am able to give it to you. In fact, I am commanded to do so. “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, presses down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”(Luke 6:38 [NIV]) John 10:10 states that Jesus came so that we may have life and to have it abundantly.
I have been given more that I can use in my lifetime and happily share with you my inheritance so you can live abundantly too.
And you don’t have to give me any of your account information. Through the power of Jesus, I can deposit it directly into your soul with this blog post.
© 2018 Fluffy Puppy Publishing All Rights Reserved