I’m an accountant by profession. I like being organized (think anal, Type A) by making lists. It helps me keep things in balance, especially during tax season.
I make my to do lists old school, using paper and pencil. Then I can check things off, or adjust as needed, with an eraser. I like the satisfaction of accomplishment.
I have a “vintage” organizer. It is a small book with lines and a small pencil. It seems as I get older, if I don’t write it down, it falls out of my head.
I looked up broad definitions of “to do list” and found the following:
- They are a way of syncing reminders to stay organized.
- They are also a list of tasks permanently visible so you don’t get overwhelmed.
God created the first to do list when He personally wrote out the Ten Commandments with His finger. I began to wonder what other to do lists are found in the Bible.
Some of the following lists are things I might not be able to check off as fully completed, but by golly, I’m going to write them on my list every day, until I arrive in heaven.
Matt. 22:37-39 [MSG]
- Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence
- Love others as well as yourself
1 Thes. 5:16-18
- Pray Continually
- Rejoice always
- Give thanks in all circumstances
1 Cor. 13:7
- Love never gives up
- Love never loses faith
- Love is always hopeful
- Love endures through every circumstance
- Everything comes from Him
- Everything happens through Him
- Everything ends up in Him
- Always be full of joy in the Lord
- Be unselfish
- Don’t worry about anything
- Pray about everything
- Tell God your needs
- Don’t forget to thank Him for His answers
Col. 4:2, 5-6
- Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and thankful heart
- Live wisely among those who re not believers
- Make the most of every opportunity
- Let your conversation be gracious and attractive, so you will have the right response for everyone
- Love from the center of who you are; don’t fake it
- Run for dear life from evil
- Hold on for dear life to good
- Be good friends who love deeply
- Practice playing second fiddle
- Don’t burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame
- Be alert servants of the Master
- Be cheerfully expectant
- Don’t quit in hard times
- Pray all the harder
2 Cor. 13:11
- Be cheerful
- Keep things in good repair
- Keep your spirits up
- Think in harmony
- Be agreeable
- Do all that, and the God of love and peace will be with you for sure
Ps. 46:10 (from God never blinks by Regina Brett)
- Be still and know that I am God
- Be still and know that I am
- Be still and know
- Be still
Ps. 27:14 [TPT]
Here’s what I’ve learned through it all:
- Don’t give up
- Don’t be impatient
- Be entwined as one with the Lord
- Be brave
- Be courageous
- Never lose hope
- Yes, keep on waiting for he will never disappoint you!
At the end of the day, even if you don’t feel that you have gotten even half of these things checked off, it doesn’t matter. Just by spending time with God while reviewing your heaven based to do lists makes it all worth while. For nothing you ever do for God is wasted. Keep checking things off, brothers and sisters! It’s all good!
© 2018 Fluffy Puppy Publishing All Rights Reserved